Monday, April 12, 2010

IGA Deal

As I've mentioned before, either on this blog or my other one, I don't usually get too many deals at my local IGA. BUT, sometimes I do and they are worthy of blogging. Here's what I got today for $6.67.

*2 cucumbers (mmmm cucumbers & onions!)-not really a deal but they sounded so good
*2 bags of Dole salad mix (59¢ each on clearance)
*3 boxes of Smart Taste elbow macaroni (on sale 3/$4 and I had 3-75¢ coupons, 58¢ each)
*6 McCormick griders (had a raincheck from a couple of weeks ago and they finally came back in stock; was worried that my $1/1 coupons would expire before they did-final price 27¢ each)

The bags of salad mix stated a "best by" date of 4/14/10 so I came home and dumped them out on a flour sack towel to get rid of the built up moisture and then put them in a Green Bag. Let me tell you, if you've never tried a Green Bag, they are worth EVERY PENNY PAID FOR THEM!!! I've had strawberries stay fresh in one of them for 3 weeks! And you can wash them and reuse them several times. They are awesome. Even Dollar General sells a knock off of them that work equally as well and are less expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment