Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Cucumbers & Onions

Few things remind me of Summer like Cucumbers & Onions. I just love the crunchy, sour, sweet combination of this salad, it's just so light and fresh. I'm not sure why but it took me forever to get this recipe right so last year I finally wrote it down and it is now taped inside my kitchen cabinet to be whipped up in a moments notice! MMMMMMMM..... We had this with our Grilled Chicken last night but this recipe makes enough for 2 meals for The Hubby & I.

Here's what you will need:

*1 cucumber, thinly sliced
*1 medium onion, thinly sliced
*vinegar
*Splenda (you can use sugar also but since finding out that The Hubby is diabetic, I tend to lean towards Splenda)
*water
*salt & pepper

I use my mandoline to thinly slice both the cucumber and onion into a bowl and then add some salt and pepper to taste.

For liquid, pour 1/2-3/4 c. white vinegar into a 2 cup measuring cup then fill to 2 cup line with water. Stir in 1 1/2 T. Splenda(more or less to your liking). NOTE: Depending on the size and shape of your bowl, you made need to make a second batch of the liquid mixture. You want the cucumbers & onions to be covered in liquid.

MMMMMM.... Summer in a bowl!!! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment