Saturday, April 10, 2010

April Menu


Back in January several bloggers had what they called a pantry challenge. The idea was to try to eat the entire month of January (or longer if able) from what they had in their freezers and pantries. I didn't come across this plan until about the 3rd week of January so I didn't participate then but the idea intrigued me. February and March rolled around and still no menu from me but by the middle of March, I had decided that April was the month.

Now, I've been an off and on menu planner for years so the process wasn't new to me but I generally only plan for 2 weeks at a time because The Hubby gets paid every other week and that is when I have money for groceries. But this time I went for the whole month. Most of the meat/main entrees were items that I already had prepared in the freezer (yea, I like to do batch cooking and freeze too!).

So without further ado, my April menu:

Ham & Beans w/cornbread muffins
Chicken & Rice Casserole, Broccoli
Spaghetti & Turkey Meatballs, Salad
Taco Burgers, Pasta Salad, Corn
Meatloaf Muffins, Scalloped Potatoes, Brussel Sprouts
Salisbury Steaks, Mashed Potatoes, Corn
Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore, Penne Pasta
Tuna Casserole, Green Beans
Fajita Pork & Pasta
Green Pepper Skillet
Grilled Chicken, Potato & Veg Medley, Cucumbers & Onions
Southwestern Skillet Mac & Cheese, Veggie
Stir Fry Chicken, Rice
Grilled Ham Steak, Scalloped Potatoes, Broccoli
Ribs (in crockpot), Baked Potato, Brussel Sprouts
White Chicken Chili
Polish Sausage w/potatoes, onions, peppers
Grilled Pepperloin, Foil Potatoes, Cabbage
Tuna Patties, Mac & Cheese, Green Beans
Baked Chicken, Baked Potatoes, Broccoli
Swiss Steak, Noodles, Veggie
Breakfast for Supper: Choice-Eggs, Toast, Pancakes, French Toast, etc.
Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes, Corn
Grilled Chicken, Micro Steamed Potatoes, Green beans
NOTE: *These recipes will (hopefully) be posted as they are made. Some of the menu items are already linked to their recipe.

You will notice that there are not as many meals as there are days of April. We have several nights per month that The Hubby is at meeting so Little Bit and I just pull leftovers out of the fridge or have a bowl of cereal. Yea, I know, bad mom...get over it!

Tonight we had the Fajita Pork & Pasta....YUMMO!!!! It is my intention to post recipes each time we have something that is really good but if I don't and you would like a recipe for something, just let me know! Alot of the things we eat are obvious like grilled chicken, spaghetti, etc. so I won't post things like that. In the future, when posting a menu, I will link to the recipes if they have already been posted.

2 comments:

  1. Tell me about the taco burgers?

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I started this blog after we had the Taco Burgers, I just added a post about them. Check out the recipe in the post labeled "Taco Burgers". Hope you like them!

    ReplyDelete