Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Carole's Tuna Casserole

This tuna casserole is my favorite evahhh! The recipe comes from my step-mom Carole and I've been making it for years. I grew up on some tuna casserole from the 70's I think. You know the one-tuna, peas, topped with corn flakes. Now growing up I hated peas so you can imagine how this recipe went over with me (I've since come to love peas but that is another story). Anyway, this recipe has the "trinity" in it; chopped onion, celery and green pepper. Fresh veggies that stay slightly crunchy in this delicious dish of comfort.

Carole's Tuna Casserole
Serves 6 @ 4 WW points each

8 oz. Smart Taste elbow macaroni
2 cans tuna, drained
2 T. light mayo
2 T. light sour cream
1 c. chopped celery
1/3 c. chopped onion
1/3 c. chopped green pepper
1 can 98% FF Cream of Celery soup
1/2 c. 1% milk

Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain. Combine macaroni, tuna, mayo, sour cream & veggies together. Blend soup & milk; heat through and add to macaroni mixture. Pour into 1 1/2 quart casserole. Bake in 425° oven for 20 minutes.
NOTE: Original recipe called for placing 4 slices of cheese on top to melt. I've eliminated this step to save on calories and have never had any complaints.


No comments:

Post a Comment