Friday, May 07, 2010

Easy Chicken & Noodles


Tonight I was soooo glad that I had already cooked my chicken in the crockpot on Wednesday! I so did NOT want to cook, even these easy peasy Chicken & Noodles. Sometimes a girl just doesn't wanna do it!!! OK whining is done... anyway, after I threw it all together (yea, it took all of about 10 minutes and that included chopping the chicken), I was glad I didn't succumb to going out to dinner and blowing the budget when I had food ready to be prepared in the fridge. GO ME!!! By cooking your own chicken, you also know what is in the resulting broth and you can control the sodium also.

Chicken & Noodles

10 oz. or so of chopped, cooked chicken
6 cups of chicken stock or canned broth
1 12 oz. bag of Reames No Yolk frozen noodles

Bring stock or broth to a boil, add noodles and cook for 20-30 minutes according to package directions. When noodles are cooked to your liking, add chopped chicken. Stir. Enjoy.

Seriously, that's it!!! Depending on the heat you are cooking your noodles at, you may need to add a bit more broth. These are great served over mashed potatoes. YUMMMMM Also you might want to serve them with these great biscuits.

No comments:

Post a Comment