Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Deal Senarios

It is midweek now and I thought it would be helpful for me to give you some deal ideas that I plan to get this week "before" the deals are over. ☺

First, look at the CVS and Wags deal for the week here & here. Thanks Mercedes! You can also check out the full deals at I Heart CVS & I Heart Wags.

By looking at these posts and my local CVS & Wags flyers from Sunday's newspaper, I can see that there are a few items that I'm interested in and that I know I have coupons for also. (Stay tuned for a post on how to organize all those coupons!!!) The plan is to get the most stuff for the least out of pocket (OOP).

Here's my CVS senario for Transaction #1
NOTE: I'm starting out with $4 ECBs from last week
1 KotexU-$4.99 AND
2 CVS Tissues (99¢ each)-$1.98
Use: 1 KotexU printable from here
Use: 1 CVS coupon for $1.50 off any Kotex product (yes, you can use a store coupon with a MQ at MOST stores; just make sure to give them the MQ before the store coupon)-I got this coupon by scanning my CVS card at the red machine just inside the store (watch this video to see it in action!)
Use: $4 ECB from last week

This transaction should cost me 87¢ OOP and I will get $4.99 ECB back from the KotexU purchase. In most cirrcumstances, you will be charged tax on the amount of the purchase before the coupons. So in this case, my purchase was 47¢ and the tax is 40¢.

On to CVS Transaction #2
2 Clairol Root Touch Ups (on Sale for $4.97 each...a fabulous price by the way)
Use: 2 MQ found in the May 2010 P&Gbrand Saver coupons from the Sunday May 2nd newspaper.
Use: $4.99 ECB from trans. #1

This transaction will cost me $1.35 OOP and will have no ECBs for next week but using the ECBs from #1 gets me a great deal on some Root Touch up which is a necessity around here!! LOL

Now for Wags. I have $2 in RR from last week but I really don't have a laid out plan for this week. Mostly because I'm not sure about some prices. But here are some things I'm thinking about.

**If your store allows it, you may be able to score some free Soft Scrub cleanser this week. Right now it is on sale B1G1 (Buy one get one free) AND if you register on the Soft Scrub website, you will be able to print 2 (use your browser's back button after the first one prints) coupons. This worked at some of our Walgreens around here when I was able to get these 10 bottles of Purex for $2.07 TOTAL!

*I also want to check out the OB tampons that are on sale B1G1 50% off. I have a $5/1 coupon that I got by informing them of a problem on their Facebook page and a $1/1 MQ from the newspaper inserts a couple of weeks ago. So that will be $6 off 2 of them. Combining those with the sale could end up pretty sweet.

**There is a 2/$3 coupon in the Wags ad good on most of the Sugar Free candy in a bag. Not as good of a deal as a B1G1 but The Hubby would be most grateful.

So, this is my plan for the week. But you know what they say, "the best laid plans of mice & men often go astray"-Robert Burns.

Hope you all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment