Wednesday, January 05, 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!....A Few Days Late

WOW! 2010 is a thing of the past and we have now moved into 2011. Where does the time go? I know that my blogging has been non-existant here but I've decided to begin anew since noticing that there are still people who are coming to read.

I'm currently working on my January menu while still using up some meals from December that didn't get prepared for one reason or another because we ate out too much. I'm planning to inventory the freezer after posting this so I will have an idea of what to prepare while also sticking to my resolution to shop from my pantry/freezer first when meal planning.

Speaking of resolutions, here's another one:

I WILL NOT BUY SOMETHING THAT I DON'T NORMALLY USE JUST BECAUSE IT IS FREE AFTER SALE/COUPON.

I've been purging my pantry of cleaning supplies that I purchased last year, some of which remain unopened. For instance, I bought 4 bottles of Soft Scrub w/Bleach....yea, I don't even use Soft Scrub w/Bleach! I also have had about 10 bottles of Scrubbing Bubbles/refills. Now, I do use this but it's takin' up too much room in the pantry so I shared with a couple of people and now I have more room for things that I will use. For the record, I am keeping ALL of my Purex that I got April of last year. Due to the purchase of a HE front loading washer & dryer, I've still got 9 full bottles left! :o) I won't be doing this again this year (if the opportunity arises) but I will try to keep a look out for the deal if it comes up and let you know about it.

On another resolution note, I've been looking into how to remove toxins from the home. I'm going to expand on my "homemade" cleaners. I actually did find something that has eliminated my need to purchase any window cleaner at all, if you want to know about that, just let me know!

Guess I'd better toodle for now if I'm going to get that freezer inventory done. Be on the lookout for my January menu plan in the next couple of days!

No comments:

Post a Comment