Saturday, January 15, 2011

Ham Disaster

So last Sunday I spent a couple of hours babying my LOVELY ham. Pineapple, maraschino cherries, brown sugar glaze, basting every 10 minutes...you get the picture. But I learned a valuable lesson that I won't soon forget: If a piece of meat is poo to begin with, it doesn't matter how much tender loving care you give it, it's gonna taste like poo in the end. Now, I KNEW that ALL of the other cured meat from this hog wasn't that great, and in fact, didn't taste well at all. The bacon and ham steaks just weren't all that. So I should have know that the ham would be equally as blah. Silly me thought that if I spent half a day showing it how much I loved it, it would show me how much it loved me by tasting fabulous...NOT!!!!!!! Anyway, we each ate a slice and the rest went into the trash along with the other ham and one more ham steak. I did keep the last pound of bacon because it does work OK with cooked with green beans, onions and potatoes. Now I have to go to the store and buy some ham or a ham bone for my Ham & Beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment